Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking
Narrow Aisle pallet racking system
The space-saving option if floor space is limited: maximum storage capacity, fast accessibility to every pallet and quick order-picking straight from the racking.
The main advantage of narrow-aisle pallet racking is the combination of fast order-picking and the best possible use of space. This compact construction is used in a wide variety of industries where warehousing space is limited. The variable height and depth of the shelving and height-adjustable supporting beams ensure maximum flexibility and the space-saving aisles can be worked either with man-down high-lift stackers or man-up order-picking stackers – for convenient pallet storage and retrieval or for fast order-picking straight from the pallet.
Specially designed Narrow Aisle trucks or cranes are required, to allow manoeuvring in the narrow aisles between racks. Handling equipment is often highly automated, and guide by wire or rail.
• 100% accessibility to individual pallets
• Best configuration for maximum storage, density and
• Better utilisation of space
• Additional cost of specialist forklift truck offset by the
added value of improved space utilisation
• Lower occupancy rates per pallet stored
The pallet racking systems are designed according to standardised pallet dimensions to ensure optimum usage of available space.
Three styles of beam exist; Open or Closed Box Beams and the new I-Beam.
- Heights up to 12 metres
- Bay loads of more than 20000 kg
- Compartment loads up to 5500 kg
- Compartment heights up to 3500 mm
- Compartment widths up to 5000 mm